Monday, October 17, 2022

PRACTICE PRODUCTIONS including PRELIM

IN THIS POST: PRELIMINARY WORK WITH CAMERAS, FINAL CUT, GENRE EDITING 

CONTINUITY EDITING 


The objective of this exercise was to learn to handle the camera equipment.
  • Dolly 
  • Tripod
  • Monopod
  • SD card (2)
  • Sony camera (2)
 It also helped to identify shot types and to practice continuity editing. As well as the importance of getting multiple takes of the same scene. While editing, having shot variation was very helpful when certain takes were framed awkwardly for example. 


GENRE EDITING


 This is the same footage as for the continuity editing, however here I added:

  • Soundtrack 
  • Idents
  • Sound effects 
  • Titles
(Note: The idents and soundtrack are taken from YouTube clips)

The music and inspiration for the first sequence (Hand of God sequence) were inspired by the opening scene of Psycho (1960, Alfred Hitchcock).






No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to this blog! Sources I've used...

Hi! I'm Ambre, I chose Smokey Productions as my AS media course company name. This blog is a collection of the work and research I'v...