Monday, October 17, 2022

Sample scenes

 IN THIS POST: SAMPLE SCENES, PREPARATION, FEEDBACK, SCREENPLAY

We recorded some sample scenes before creating a rough cut. This was to test shot types, dialogue, refine the narrative, and practice continuity editing.

SAMPLE SCENE 1 PREP:

Rough Screenplay: (this was created knowing we will refine the dialogue later)


Equipment: 
  • iPhone 11
  • Tripod
  • Desk Tripod
Props:
  • Glasses
  • Hair Tie
  • Tank top
  • Tape
  • Candy
  • Plate

Our props were very limited, as for mise-en-scene and set dressing, our set is also not a permanent choice. We filmed to get a better idea of potential shots, framing and other challenges. 

Our cast was simply Leila and I as we hadn't found actors yet. 

SAMPLE SCENE 1:





SAMPLE SCENE 1 MY REFLECTION:

The 180 rule complicated our opportunities for shot variety in the common room kitchen. On the real set there will be more interesting shot opportunities.

Filming in the forrest: I'd like it to be darker for better atmosphere and so that we can play with lighting + narrative enigma

Minor editing adjustments such as sound continuity (weird sound cut mid word).

I think we should incorporate more direction and precision for acting.


SAMPLE SCENE 2 PREP:

Screenplay:




SAMPLE SCENE 2:


SAMPLE SCENE 2 MY REFLECTION:

SAMPLE SCENE 1 FEEDBACK:

(teacher feedback)

Audience feedback, Laura (17) and Sasha (17), Media Studies Students:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to this blog! Sources I've used...

Hi! I'm Ambre, I chose Smokey Productions as my AS media course company name. This blog is a collection of the work and research I'v...