Monday, October 17, 2022

Makeup and Costumes

IN THIS POST: MAKEUP, MAKEUP INFLUENCES, COSTUMES, COSTUMES INFLUENCES

See Leila's Blog.


SHOOT 1: 

For makeup, we followed a few fake bruise tutorials from youtube and pictures on google and Pinterest.


We put some fake blood in her nose to look like a nosebleed. for the regular makeup, we kept it quite light but added some mascara and lipgloss to show her character.


COSTUMES:

OLIVIAs costume consists of a silver dress that we cut up and covered in mud (although maybe not visible enough), and some dark blue heels. This is meant to represent her "scream queen" character as an irresponsible party girl.
(The Princess Diaries - 2001)

Here was the original EMMA costume that we used. it consisted of a white shirt and a red plaid skirt. the skirt ended up being too small for our actress so we changed it to a blue plaid skirt and we added a white cardigan. 

SHOOT 2:

For our second shoot, we needed to exaggerate her makeup due to the low lighting. we added a lot more bruising, mud, and blood and we also added red lipstick for "scream queen" signifiers.

 

(It follows - 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to this blog! Sources I've used...

Hi! I'm Ambre, I chose Smokey Productions as my AS media course company name. This blog is a collection of the work and research I'v...